FHA 203(h) Loan For Disaster Victims
Highlights of the FHA 203(h) Loan For Disaster Victims
- Up to 100% financing on purchase transactions
- Up to 97.75% financing on refinance transactions (combined with 203 (k) program)
- Eligible properties include 1 unit primary residence and FHA approved condos
- 30-year fixed
- Seller-paid closing costs permitted, up to 6%
- Eligibility remains for up to one year from the date of declaration
What is a FHA 203(h) Loan?
An FHA 203(h) is loan program that could allow up to 100% financing to help victims of disasters purchase or refinance a new home after their home was destroyed.
How a FHA 203(h) Loan Work:
An FHA 203(h) loan can help life return to normal. If your current home is located in a Presidentially Designated Major Disaster Area (PDMDA) and destroyed, you may qualify.
Related Products: FHA 203k
Certain restrictions apply. Guidelines and product availability subject to change at any time. Mortgage insurance is required. Documentation attesting to the damage of the previous property must accompany the mortgage application. The applicant must provide conclusive evidence that they are a permanent resident in the affected area.